Архиве Трга по одељцима погледајте на Трг/Архива.
You can contact the
Welcome to our square!
Here, you can discuss anything concerning Wikipedia. Don't hesitate to ask questions, post comments, appeals, recommendations... This is a place where we should help each other and come to agreements in order to this beautiful idea to progress!
- 1 RevisionSlider
- 2 Grants to improve your project
- 3 Stevo Todorcevic personal data
- 4 Creative Commons 4.0
- 5 Editing News #3—2016
- 6 Welcomes from MilicevicBot
- 7 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)
- 8 Password reset
- 9 Adding to the above section (Password reset)
- 10 Why do I suddenly have a discussion page in Serbian?
- 11 New way to edit wikitext
- 12 Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017
- 13 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 14 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 15 Correction retrieved
- 16 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 17 Huggle
- 18 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 19 Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
- 20 Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
- 21 New Page previews feature
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 17:08, 12. септембар 2016. (CEST)
Grants to improve your project[уреди]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Project Grants program is currently accepting proposals for funding. There is just over a week left to submit before the October 11 deadline. If you have ideas for software, offline outreach, research, online community organizing, or other projects that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers, start your proposal today! Please encourage others who have great ideas to apply as well. Support is available if you want help turning your idea into a grant request.
- Submit a grant request
- Get help: In IdeaLab or an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants or Project and Event Grants
Stevo Todorcevic personal data[уреди]
Greetings! I'm editing the Todorcevic's bio on English Wikipedia. I cannot find anything about his early life and education (in English). If you know anything about his youth, education, family, marital status, etc. please, expand the Eearly life and education of his English language bio.--A. Perun (разговор) 02:10, 2. октобар 2016. (CEST)
Creative Commons 4.0[уреди]
Hello! I'm writing from the Wikimedia Foundation to invite you to give your feedback on a proposed move from CC BY-SA 3.0 to a CC BY-SA 4.0 license across all Wikimedia projects. The consultation will run from October 5 to November 8, and we hope to receive a wide range of viewpoints and opinions. Please, if you are interested, take part in the discussion on Meta-Wiki.
Apologies that this message is only in English. This message can be read and translated in more languages here. Joe Sutherland (talk) 03:34, 6. октобар 2016. (CEST)
Editing News #3—2016[уреди]
19:50, 15. октобар 2016. (CEST)
Welcomes from MilicevicBot[уреди]
I've just received a welcome message from this bot, and I believe it is premature. Could you please move it until after one's first edit? These days, if you have an account on any language Wikipedia, your accounts for all other languages are created automatically. This is for a good reason, but it means everyone who, more or less accidentally, clicks on a .sr link, receives what appears to be spam. In my case, there are similarities between Serbian and Polish (so I can often blargh some meaning from context) and I had 3 long-forgotten years of Russian in elementary school (so I can, with difficulty, decipher cyrillic), but can't claim anything above Sr-0.001. While reading about en:pre-Christian writing, I wondered how modern languages spell those "cherty i rezy", thus I took a glance at .sr despite not knowing the language. -KiloByte (разговор) 05:19, 31. октобар 2016. (CET)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (November 2016)[уреди]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- Foreign Affairs - Journal of international relations and U.S. foreign policy
- OpenEdition - Journals in the social sciences and humanities
- Édition Diffusion Presse Sciences - French and English language scientific journals
- ASHA - Speech–language–hearing journals
- Tilastopaja - Athletics statistics
- EBSCO - Many new databases added
- Taylor & Francis - Strategic, Defence & Security Studies collection
I apologise that this message is in English. ⧼Centralnotice-shared-help-translate⧽
We are having a problem with attackers taking over wiki accounts with privileged user rights (for example, admins, bureaucrats, oversighters, checkusers). It appears that this may be because of weak or reused passwords.
Community members are working along with members of multiple teams at the Wikimedia Foundation to address this issue.
In the meantime, we ask that everyone takes a look at the passwords they have chosen for their wiki accounts. If you know that you've chosen a weak password, or if you've chosen a password that you are using somewhere else, please change those passwords.
Select strong passwords – eight or more characters long, and containing letters, numbers, and punctuation. Joe Sutherland (разговор) / MediaWiki message delivery (разговор) 00:59, 14. новембар 2016. (CET)
Adding to the above section (Password reset)[уреди]
Why do I suddenly have a discussion page in Serbian?[уреди]
Excuse me, but where did this page: https://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A0%D0%B0%D0%B7%D0%B3%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%BE%D1%80_%D1%81%D0%B0_%D0%BA%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BC:CRConrad come from?
It was apparently created by https://sr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%BA:MilicevicBot , which I assume is some automated script. But I don't really know, since I neither read nor speak Serbian.
Please somebody tell me some compelling reason to keep that page, or if I can safely delete it in a few days.
- @CRConrad: It came from a bot, and it's a welcome message sent to new users. The reason why it gets sent before someone makes an edit is because it has a bunch of useful information new users should know about (such as not to change the script or the yat reflexes in existing articles [though there are some exceptions]). It also gets sent to anyone who attaches the Serbian Wikipedia to their global account (usually by visiting any page on the wiki while being logged in; it was attached to your global account on November 14, 2016 at 4:26 p.m. UTC). I can't really give you a compelling reason to keep it, but most people would just ignore these welcome messages as they aren't that unusual. I've gotten the same message on several other projects (here's just one example; 0 edits). – Srdjan m (разговор) 15:50, 16. новембар 2016. (CET)
New way to edit wikitext[уреди]
James Forrester (Product Manager, Editing department, Wikimedia Foundation) --20:32, 14. децембар 2016. (CET)
Invitation to Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017[уреди]
Dear Serbian community,
Last year your community participated at CEE Spring and we invite you to participate in this year's contest! Local organisers, please subscribe to the mailing list at https://lists.wikimedia.bg/mailman/listinfo/ceespring-localorganisers, add your community at the Meta page with the participants and discuss this year's edition of the contest on its talk page (Talk:Wikimedia CEE Spring 2017/Participants). There you will also find information on some of the things expected from the local organisers. We are looking forward to reading from you soon!
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[уреди]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process[уреди]
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
My correction on the Забел Јесајан page has been retrieved. The correction was as follows: "Интервју са америчким преводиоцем књиге „Баште Силихдара”" instead of "Интервју са турским преводиоцем књиге „Баште Силихдара”". If you follow the external link from Спољашње везе, as well as http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/the-renaissance-of-an-ottoman-armenian-feminist.aspx?pageID=238&nID=78229&NewsCatID=474 you will convince yourself that the translator into English is really American, and not Turkish, although the interview was published in a Turkish newspaper.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)[уреди]
06:09, 18. март 2017. (CET)
I just activated Huggle on this wiki.
It is a program to detect and combat vandalism.
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 05:38, 7. април 2017. (CEST) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May[уреди]
Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app[уреди]
Wikidata description editing is a new experiment being rolled out on the Wikipedia app for Android. While this primarily impacts Wikidata, the changes are also addressing a concern about the mobile versions of Wikipedia, so that mobile users will be able to edit directly the descriptions shown under the title of the page and in the search results.
We began by rolling out this feature several weeks ago to a pilot group of Wikipedias (Russian, Hebrew, and Catalan), and have seen very positive results including numerous quality contributions in the form of new and updated descriptions, and a low rate of vandalism.
We are now ready for the next phase of rolling out this feature, which is to enable it in a few days for all Wikipedias except the top ten by usage within the app (i.e. except English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, and Chinese). We will enable the feature for those languages instead at some point in the future, as we closely monitor user engagement with our expanded set of pilot communities. As always, if have any concerns, please reach out to us on wiki at the talk page for this project or by email at email@example.com. Thanks!
-DBrant (WMF) 10:41, 14. април 2017. (CEST)